Sunday 11 October 2015

Let It Be Known, That This Week Was Really Great

Sister Bąk and I (featuring Elder Jeffs)

Sister Johnston and I reunited!

Me and Sister Young again!

And me and the MTC group again :D

Me and Sister Smith again!



Me with Sister Bąk

and Sister Kuchar
Sister Young (my companion) and I at the front of the Warsaw chapel



Me with Tajger (Tiger), our friend's labrador puppy
On the train ride back to Gdańsk- it was a pretty long day, but so worth getting up at 4:30am for! (Mind you, the Elders had to get up at 3:30, so I can't complain) :D


A gate near Jadwiga's house (we went over there the other day and she made us polish crepes. mmm so good!)

Ok I don't have a lot of time to write this week, so I'm just going to write about what happened in dot points! But let it be known, that this week was really great and I can't even express in an email how grateful I feel for all the blessings of the Lord in my life!


-We made Pierogi (polish dumplings) with the Elders and a friend who works part-time making them! They were blueberry-filled and oh-so delicious! We also got to play with his labrador puppy hehe :D

- We had a big missionary conference in Warsaw, with Elder Kearon from the Europe Area Presidency. All the missionaries were gathered together and we had such an uplifting, revelatory time. I feel so enthused to continue on with optimism and continually refine myself as a missionary here.

- We are currently meeting with a wonderful lady who is working towards baptism at the end of next month :) She is so full of love and we're so blessed to be helping her deepen her testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Words really can't express just how much love I have for her, and how grateful we are to be a part of her life, and to be helping her at this very important time.

- We got to meet with a less-active member whom we haven't seen in such a long time. She is just full of love and has such a desire to come back to her faith. We know that even a desire to believe (Alma 32:27), means such a great deal to our Heavenly Father, for truly the "worth of souls is great in the sight of God" (Doctrine and Covenants 18:10). I read a great talk the other day from a General Conference- here's a quote from it that I just love:


"I once attended a stake conference where my former stake president Paul C. Child turned to Doctrine and Covenants 18 and began to read: “Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God” (verse 10).


President Child then asked, “What is the worth of a human soul?” He avoided calling on a bishop, stake president, or high councilor for a response. Instead, he selected the president of an elders quorum.


The startled man remained silent for what seemed like an eternity and then declared, “The worth of a human soul is its capacity to become as God.”


All present pondered that reply. President Child proceeded with his message, but I continued to reflect on that inspired response.


To reach, to teach, to touch the precious souls whom our Father has prepared for His message is a monumental task."

I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember how important every one of us is! I love you so much!

Sister Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment