Saturday 31 October 2015

Final Transfer

Missionaries on funky coloured benches!

Sister Young and I got tired so we sat down in the sand

Our district went to the zoo for 'culture day' of the transfer


Sister Young, Sister Grgich, Giraffe :)

Sometimes we pretend to be zoo animals (when in Rome, right?)

So it's transfer time, and I'm staying in Gdańsk with Sister Young for my final transfer in the mission :D That's right, 7 out of 8 nine-week transfers in the country, I'll have served in the beautiful northern coastal town of Gdańsk! Haha, it's sort of comical how long I've been here (it's not so common for young/solo missionaries), but of course I'm so grateful to still be here and to have the privilege of continuing to work with my companion, the investigators and members in this area. I would feel torn if I had to leave this area, because I've really come to love the branch so much and I feel a great responsibility to it. Heavenly Father has blessed me over and over again, and I can't imagine my life without the experiences I've had with the lovely people in the tri-city area.


I want to talk a little about yesterday because it was such a beautiful Sabbath day! First of all, the weather was great- the sun was shining and the temperature increased a tad, so I even got to wear my lighter jacket! ;) We had 2 great talks in Sacrament Meeting- one from a member from Sopot, Magda. She spoke about temples and family history and her mum came to church too (haven't seen her in a while so that was lovely!). The other talk was from Elder McPherson who's getting transfered to another city- he spoke about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith in Him, repentance, baptism for the remission of sins, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end)- it was a perfect topic, because we had an engaged couple visit us (he's from Ukraine and she's from Poland), and they're not members of the church, so it's a pretty good summary for them to have heard :) They said they'd come to English class this week too, so we're excited to see them and we'll ask if they're interested in learning more about the church. He had met with missionaries before in Ukraine and managed to find us on google maps here in Gdansk- pretty cool guy!


Then during Sunday School we got to teach a lesson for Young Women's- it was about patience and we read the story of Job and watched the Mormon Message associated with Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk "Continue in Patience" (the one about the experiment with kids and marshmallows). I'm just so inspired every time we teach her- she really wants to live a Christ-like life, and she's so open to learning and growing and changing for the better. I'm so grateful for the examples of the youth in the church- it definitely makes me want to be better and remember to consistently and constantly apply the principles of the gospel in my everyday life. I'm so grateful for the example of Jesus Christ- to know that He is still relevant in a world where the values are everchanging and separating from those of God. He is still the Master, it is always from Him we can find solace and to Him we can look, so we can pattern our lives with the same charity, obedience and diligence that He had and has.


Yesterday evening we got to meet with a girl we found tracting a couple of weeks ago. We got to show her around our modest chapel, and then got to explain a little about the Restoration and Book of Mormon. We had such a great meeting with her- she was patient with our Polish, asked honest questions and even wanted to know the best place to start reading form the Book of Mormon! Sister Young and I were amazed haha- we're excited to meet with her again and teach her more, and we pray and hope that she will come to a knowledge and testimony of the truth for which she's searching.


Today there'll be a baptism in Gdańsk!!! We've been teaching her for a couple of months and today's the beautiful day she has chosen to follow her Saviour by being baptised in His restored church. Her husband has been a member for quite a few years now, and she has had a lot of contact with the church and has been building a testimony of these things. Words can not describe the excitement we have for this married couple to start their new life together on the path of the gospel. I know that they as a family will be blessed as they apply Christ's teachings in their lives, and one day I know they will look forward to being sealed for eternity in the holy temple of the Lord. Ahhhh we're just so excited for them and we love them so much! God is aware of His children, and He unconditionally loves us all. His work is continuing to roll forth, and I'm so blessed to be a part of His sacred work and see the miracles and blessings that come into my and other's lives because of Jesus Christ.


Wishing you all a lovely week, I love you so much!!
Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment