Saturday 17 October 2015

Don't You Just Love General Conference Weekend?!

Sister Young and I at Stutthof/Sztutowo Museum

Exhibitions from the museum





Don't you just love General Conference weekend?! :D We got to watch most of the sessions, and already my mind is exploding with enthusiasm hahaha- really though, I wrote down so many precious and important impressions that came to my mind while watching conference, and ever since I just haven't been able to stop thinking about how I'm going to apply (and how I'm currently applying) those things to my daily life. I really love the feeling that God is totally aware of me and I have felt the Holy Ghost testify to me the truths of what these prophets, apostles and other leaders have shared. I cannot deny that God is teaching me- having these things continually occupying my mind (D&C 128:1), and the feelings of peace and love in the truths that I've heard from the speakers are a witness to me that I must act according to these impressions. I feel great strength from my Heavenly Father, and I know that He will help me as I work to improve my life.


One of the things that particularly stood out to me, was how I need to do better at keeping the Sabbath day holy. We actually had the opportunity to prepare and give a lesson on that this week, and then hearing more about it in conference just made me realise how much I need to improve with my observance on the Sabbath day. I think as a missionary, I've done a pretty good job at staying focused on serving others and the Lord in appropriate ways and acitivities suited to the Sabbath, but I also know that I could do better at how I think of the Lord (like during the Sacrament) and how I want to keep up my 'spiritual habits' when I've returned from my mission. I love the emphasis we've been given recently on keeping this important commandment, and I know that blessings await us as we try our hardest to do so (I know, because I've experienced the blessings for myself!).

I'm sorry for the short email- we had so many great experiences this week but I don't have time to write about them all! I look forward to telling you about them in person one day, but for now I hope you'll forgive my lack of detail! ;) I love you all so much and wish you all a wonderful General Conference viewing!!

Love Sister Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment