Thursday 22 October 2015

Sick and Getting Things Done

we've been sick and boring haha..
Sister Young and I again (surprise!)

Sister Young and I with the Taggarts (senior missionary couple serving in the GdaƄsk branch)

Sister Young and I near our apartment

This week my companion and I were both pretty sick, but we were able to get a lot of things done. As usual, we know the Lord opens up doors and makes things possible that wouldn't normally be with our own mortal power. We've been blessed with an amazing Branch President who is so enthusiastic about finding less-active members in the branch, so we got to go with him and his wife driving to different houses and trying to find out about these 'lost sheep'. We were able to visit with one very sweet lady and talk with her and her husband- we're opstimistic about helping them 'straighten up' (the words that she used) things in their life so that they can feel worthy and know that the Atonement is truly available to everyone who puts their trust in the Lord. We've also been able to get some phone numbers and we're trying to set up to meet with people- it's looking hopeful and we're seeing where things will go! This work is super important and we must never neglect our duties to look out for those who are struggling with activity in the gospel.


"This work of reclaiming the lost sheep, as Jesus so vividly expressed it, must receive top priority by every stake, ward, branch, and quorum leader. All inactive members should be considered candidates for activation regardless of their response to any previous approach. We must use kindness, patience, long-suffering, love, faith, and diligence. They must feel our genuine concern and untiring love.
For individuals to become fully active in the Church, they generally must experience a spiritual conversion and a social integration. We should strive to teach them the gospel and to extend warmth and genuine friendship and fellowship to them." - Joseph B. Wirthlin


We've met with a lot of wonderful people this week. One of our friends Marzena, made us pumpkin soup- she even gave us pumpkin seeds and yogurt for it- it was so good, especially because it was soothing for our throats :D mmmm. We also got to meet with Kasia this week and we just feel so blessed to have met her and to know her. She just has such a great attitude about life and we really want to help her make the best of her opportunities and live a hppy life :)


Yesterday at church we taught the Young Women's lesson and we got to watch a new Mormon Message- it's called "Am I Even a Good Man?" (I recommend watching it), then we spoke about the character of Christ and how we can follow His example and become more Christlike. I personally have been studying a lot this week and noticing a theme of 'pride' in my studies. I've been seeing a lot of 'the pride cycle' in my Book of Mormon reading, I've been reading articles in the Liahona and then in Relief Society we learnt about how we need to "Beware of Pride"- I guess God is trying to tell me something..? ;) I've been realising more and more just how destructive pride is, and how it just ruins everything. It's at the root of almost every sin, and so if it can be overcome, we will find much more happiness and therefore fulfilment in our lives, and surely the problems we cause for ourselves would vanish. I'm trying to be like Jesus, and I know I've got a long way to go, but that will never deter me from doing my best and daily repenting. Life is ALL about progression, and what kind of life would I be living if I didn't work to fix my problems (which is generally done my looking outwards). "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." (Matthew 10:39)
Hope you all have a great week and remember that we choose how we react to the situations in our lives- we can choose if we want to be angry or full of love- and we all know which one's better!


Love you so much,
Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment