Friday 11 September 2015

The American and his Polish Girlfriend

This is Sister Young and I with the beautiful Kasia and her amazingly large dog Krowa (which means cow) <3 Her family met with missionaries 20 years ago, we've miraculously gotten in contact and have been helping her learn about the Church. She is so incredible and we love her so much :D


We went to the beach at Sopot last Pday, and we just had to take a jumping photo of course! We went bikeriding for a bit, it was so relaxing and peaceful, ahh I love being in nature!




I'm not sure where to start so I'm just going to do a day-to-day type thing. Ok, so on Monday, we went to the beach at Sopot, went for a walk and a little bike-ride, a really nice and relaxing p-day, afterwards in the evening we had a Family Home Evening at the chapel, and got to be with some of the members and investigators- it was really cool because we were able to be with an American member who's visiting his Polish non-member girlfriend- they're so sweet and we actually were able to have a lesson with them a couple of days later- hopefully the girlfriend can start meeting with the Sisters in Bydgoszcz (she lives a little bit out of our area unfortunately!). It was awesome to see what a great missionary this guy was/is, helping people in Poland learn about the Gospel from across the internet! She had such a great testimony of the Book of Mormon and I really hope she can continue to learn about us and the message of the Restoration.


On Tuesday we went to Bydgoszcz for Zone Training (for the missionaries). We learnt so many wonderful things- one thing that stood out to me was how we need to be humble and have faith, and then we will see the miracles of the Lord- "manifestations of His divine power" as the Bible Dictionary says. We came back for the evening, and my companion and I were on our way to the chapel to prepare for the Patriarch who has been giving blessings all around Poland (he's American, and is able to give blessings in English and Russian), when we ran into one of our branch members! It was really cool that we were able to talk with her and get to know her a little better, she's got such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and the Church, I love being around her and feeling her spirit. There's of course nothing wrong with being 'born in the Church'- in fact, that's aweomse! But there's just something so cool about hearing converts bear testimony, and seeing them live their lives in accordance with the Gospel knowledge that they haven't always had growing up.


On Wednesday we had that great lesson with the American member and his Polish girlfriend, then we did some last preparations for the patriarch. We also taught English class which went fairly well. Then on Thursday, we had 5 members from our branch receive their patriarchal blessings!! We had set up the chapel with fresh flowers, and simple tablecloths, a church painting (we only have 1 at the moment, but we're getting a few more that have been ordered in) - it was all made to look as 'temple-like' as possible. The way everything looked really helped set the scene, and made it so easy to feel the Spirit, which was so strong as the Patriarch and members were in the chapel/building. My companion and I felt so honoured to be a part of this very special occasion- it was so beautiful to me, knowing that these strong and faithful members had received something so special and personal for them directly from their Heavenly Father, spoken through the words of His chosen and authorised servant.


On Friday we got to visit Kasia in Gdynia- we had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation (just from the beggining- we've still got a bit more to teach about it), it was just so special being with her and reading from the Book of Mormon together. She is such an incredible soul, and we've been so blessed to have come across her and to be able to help her come closer to her Saviour through her gaining a personal testimony of Him. I know that He has always got His hands outstretched to us, and I'm confident that in time Kasia will receive an answer from God about His reality and importance. This Gospel brings so much light and understanding, and I love feeling my faith grow every time I testify about my experiences with God and coming to know of the truth of this message. The teachings of Jesus Christ truly are a light, and we will feel our souls enlarged! I love this from the Book of Mormon (Alma 2:34-35):


"...for ye know that the word hath swelled your souls, and ye also know that it hath sprouted up, that your understanding doth begin to be enlightened, and your mind doth begin to expand. O then, is not this real? I say unto you, Yea, because it is light; and whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible, therefore ye must know that it is good..."

Ok Saturday and Sunday were also incredible days, especially when the members bore their testimonies yesterday during Sacrament Meeting- it was so special :'). I love the people here so much, I see miracles every day. They have not ceased, and my life has witnessed to me of that eternal truth. I am so grateful for my Saviour and His role in Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for us, His children. 


I love you so much and wish you a faith-filled week!Love from Sestra Grgić :D

No comments:

Post a Comment