Monday 7 September 2015

New Companion

This is my new companion Sister Young :)

This past week was the last week of the transfer, and now we've started a new one! Well the news: I am now starting my 6th transfer serving in the GdaƄsk branch :D That's super awesome news, on a sad note, Sister Smith is now in Warsaw and I miss her so much. But on a good note again, my new companion is really awesome too! Sister Young is from Canada (we're Commonwealth buddies ;)) and she's been in the country for 2 months and she's already a pro at the missionary work (I'm seriously so impressed)! Our mission president wrote to us today telling us about his hope that this transfer would bless us with some "mountains to climb"- I feel really good and dare I say, comfortable, about everything right now! But I know there will be challenges every day as we strive to find and teach and serve more and more people, and I know that it's most often in our discomfort that we have those learning opportunities that make us better people. Anyway, I'm very optimistic about this upsoming transfer, and I look forward to telling you about it for the next 2 months! :D
 

Last week on Monday we had a beautiful lesson with a current progressing investigator. Sister Smith and I found him while tracting a few weeks ago, and he's just so awesome! We met with him and the elders, and spoke about many fundamental things- he had a lot of questions (which was great!) and he is so in tune with the Spirit. He told us how he felt impressed to listen to us while we were at his door- even though he at first thought we were salespeople! He told us how he felt impressed to meet with us, and we assured him that he was feeling the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He has read from the Book of Mormon and had real questions about what he had read. He has been to church a couple of times, and we are so excited to see him progress in the gospel. I really can't express my joy at seeing someone learn the simple and eternal truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think of all those verses in the Book of Mormon where a missionary like Ammon just rejoices in the knowledge that others have come unto Christ through faith and repentance- I love this one:


Alma 26:16
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."


This week we also had our fireside! It was based on the Restoration- we started with a few short talks from the members, then we watched the Restoration film (with Polish dubbing), had a couple of testimonies from members and Elder Kimball (who's just finished his mission!), then Sister Smith and I did a musical item, and we had refreshments afterwards. I can't even explain the overwhelming feeling of the Spirit during that meeting! It was so beautiful hearing from the members- bearing their sweet testimonies of Christ's church, and how they came to know of its truthfulness. We had a few guests, and I think it was such a great atmosphere for them to be in the feel the power of the Holy Ghost for themselves. We would love to organise another fireside like that in the near future- we all need spiritual uplift, and firesides are such a great way for us to be in a place where we can easily feel the Spirit and listen to what our loving Heavenly Father wants us to know! I never realised how incredibly lucky/blessed I was to be in an area where the church membership is large and we have firesides and church activities all the time! I will never take that for granted again.
 

This week was full of so many tender mercies- I've been so blessed this past transfer, too many blessings to mention here! I thank the Lord everyday that I have the light of the gospel in my life. I have been blessed by living according the principles of faith, hope, charity and repentance. I know that God wants the best for us, and always has His arm outstretched toward us.
 

May you all have a fantastic week! I love you all so much!
Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment