Tuesday 30 June 2015

Beautiful Things




Sister Smith, Renata (an investigator) and I at Sopot beach

Travelling as a branch on the bus on the way to Bydgoszcz for district conference- the fields outside are just cudowne (miraculous)!

An example of the yellow fields (I think it's canola flowers)
Some grafitti on a bus- says "Nie chce aby było latwo, byle było warto" which means something like "I don't want it to be easy, just as long as it's worth it".

This is a photo I took of a book I found in a store- it's animals dressed up like the Blues Brothers hahaha ahhh.. yes. Good stuff!

This week was another beautiful one with my companion Sister Smith in the "tri-city" area- with the added pleasure of being able to travel to Bydgoszcz for district conference!
 

This week we found some awesome people tracting in an area we haven't been before. We've been trying to find new places to find more people to teach, so we asked some members in the branch for ideas, and they certainly helped us out! There's a particular area we've been going out tracting in for the past week now, and we've been having a lot of success in finding potentials there. It's very different to a lot of the other areas we're used to going to- more farm land and actual houses (as opposed to apartment complexes). We've been enjoying meeting so many people, and are hoping to see some people at church and meet with them further to teach. We've had some great experiences with people telling us about their desires to find out if God really is there, and even one person we spoke to suggested that we were a sign from God that He's real. Sister Smith's and my eyes opened up wide to hear that out of the mouth of a stranger- of course we are! Haha with modesty of course:

Alma 26:11-12
 

11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
 

Yesterday was such a blessing. We met at our chapel early in the morning with the other branch members, and all caught a bus together to Bydgoszcz for district conference. Many beautiful things
1. The fields, lakes, rivers, creeks, sky, flowers, hills, stork nests, rain, sun, nature is amazing!
2. Singing Polish hymns on the ride there- members humming along!
3. Klaudia- a primary girl, playing with us and learning English hehe, I was teaching her how to say "th" (it's tricky!)
4. Seeing the beautiful members at Bydgoszcz- some from Szczecin whom I've never met before, and some old faces from Bydgoszcz for whom I have so much love!
5. Speaking German with the Austrian member there
6. Seeing Ewa and talking about Australia (she's coming to visit later this year! She knows the Ireland's :D)
7. Hearing the testimonies of the beautiful Polish people
8. Travelling back and laughing with my companion
 

Life is just beautiful. Thanks be to God for all of the beauty we have :)
 

Today we're going to go to the zoo again haha (it was my idea- I guess I'm inspired from Warsaw) and yes, I will indeed be running straight to the kangaroo section haha. So I'll be sure to take more photos and send them next week! I love you all so much, have a fantastic week!
 

Love Sister Grgich
 

No comments:

Post a Comment