Tuesday 24 November 2015

Look to the Scriptures

Hey, we went bowling! (I came last the first round, but won the second.. I was just warming up of course)

Oh, another bowling pic! This is how we get people to listen to our message ;)

Sister Young and I on the train down to Poznan for Zone Training.


The other day I found a Book of Mormon Seminary Teacher's Manual at the chapel (in English), so I'm borrowing it now and it's like the best thing ever! I never had the new curriculum (it started a couple of years after I finished High School), anywho, so I'm halfway through reading the Book of Mormon for my personal studies (I'm at Alma) and now I have a great study companion (the manual) to accompany me! It's super helpful and gets me to ask questions that I probably wouldn't have asked by myself. I read a Liahona article not long ago, and the author suggested we 'probe' the Scriptures with questions- it really is a great way to study! One of the most enjoyable things I've found on my mission, is having an investigator or member ask a question or have a concern, and looking for answers in the Scriptures (or from words of prophets) to prepare to teach them. It's great when they can learn to do that for themselves, because then they'll gain that testimony that God really does speak to us through the Holy Ghost, and He's given us the tools to find our own answers. I hope you all look to the Scriptures when you have a question come up in your lives!


This week we had a 'Zone Training' in Poznan (it also just happened to be Dzień Niepodległości (Independence Day in Poland) and is was really nice being with the other missionaries whom we haven't seen in a while. We learnt about having vision and keeping up with our goals and working to fulfil them. We also spoke about being time efficent and how to decide where to go (thinking physically and asking for guidance spiritually). I had my guitar and a book of Polish Christmas carols (called 'kolędy' in Polish), and my companion and I sung some during the little break of the meeting. It was really fun, and we're looking forward to spreading Christmas cheer this year! Some people think it's a little cruel that we go home only a couple days after Christmas haha but I'm okay with it. I love Poland and hey, I probably won't have many other Christmases in this country, but I'll have plenty with my family in Aus! I love this time of year :D We're going to have a Christmas-themed fireside, and maybe a separate branch activity for a Christmas supper. It'll be great! It's a good time of year too for talking to people about religion, because they're naturally thinking about it more. (Well I hope it'll be that way haha, I actually don't remember much of what it was like last year!).


Oh, this week we got news that Meet the Mormons was available with Polish subtitles online (yay!), so we're organising an activity soon to show after an English class one day. We'll invite everyone of course, so we're hoping it'll be a good turn-out, and that people will be able to understand more about the members of our church, and what type of a role it plays in our everyday lives. There for sure is a lot of misunderstanding about us (as a church and as members of the church), so things like this are just helpful- people learn best by example and so with that'd I'd add, don't forget to be a good example to all around you, at all times! We can all work on that! (Mosiah 18:9 "Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life")

Love you muchly, wishing you a lovely week!
From Sister Grgich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment