Monday 13 July 2015

Rededication 25th Anniversary

So we found a place that sells "Australian burgers" in Gdansk! They really do taste Australian (beetroot, egg, chive sauce stuff..?) it tasted SOOOO good (Sister Smith and I both got one). They have one burger called the "Chook" hahah I almost forgot that's what we call chicken :D



Sister Smith and I with a new member from the Szczecin branch (we just met her over the weekend and she is the cutest!)

We gave a presentation at a school about Pennsylvania and taught them how to play heads down thumbs up :)

Playing primary songs at the mission home

Elders Whiting and Hon, myself and Marcus (those Elders (along with another) taught Marcus in Bydgoszcz, and he was baptised- he's from Austria and so awesome!)

Sister Smith and I with Klaudia at the celebration in Warsaw





Hi Family!! Pozdrav Obitelj (hahha i don't know if that's correct, it's meant to be hrvatski/croatian)



This week we had a big 25th celebration activity of the rededication of the church in Poland. All the missionaries, and many of the members from all over Poland came to Warsaw for games, food and a historical presentation on Saturday, and then we had a special church service on Sunday. I got to see a bunch of the members (and investigators) from the other areas I've served in (Bydgoszcz and Warsaw 2) and it was just such a great experience. We had a visit from Elder and Sister Adler from Germany (they're area authorities for the Church) and the missionaries got a special fireside from them on the Saturday evening. There was so much learning done over the weekend (in terms of my personal revelation). I really learnt a lot about my purpose as a missionary and how I can keep my faith and expectations high for the development of the Church in this country. I have such a great desire to find and teach families, and guide them towards the light and happiness of the gospel, so they can strengthen each other and the rest of the members here in Poland. As a missionary here, I really have no greater desire than to see this area flourish with faithful and strong members, and I one day hope that with the generations, there will be more temple marriages and children being brought up in this knowledge. Seeing all the members on the weekend just brought me so much hope- these people are truly precious children of our loving Heavenly Father, and they are on their way returning to live in His presence forever in true happiness :)
 

This week also marks the beginning of a new transfer, and I guess I'm still the Gdansk Queen :p Haha, Sister Smith and I are staying for another transfer together here, and I'm so happy! We have had such a great transfer together and are working so hard, so we are stoked to have another couple of months to work together with this beautiful branch. We have seen some success with our 'singing tables/tunnel singing' with finding people who are interested, so we're really hoping to see people make progress. We're not sure if our flyers will work (we only did it for a couple of days- they get posted over quickly..so if we want to do it we have to put them up a bit more as we're out and about) but we're hopeful with that method of finding too- there were a couple of people that called, so we'll see where that goes! Sister Smith and I have really seen how the Lord has placed people in our paths- I know that the people we meet have not been coincidences and we pray for these people that their hearts will be open so they can receive our message and be able to find out the truth of it for themselves. I know that as we put all of our trust in the Lord, He will guide us to people who are preparing for His message, and they and this country will be all the more blessed for it. 
 

Ok there was actually a lot more that we did this past week but I'm running out of time to tell you about them, so I'll just leave what I have to say for post-mission stories ;) I love you all so much and hope that you have a very happy week!
 

Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment