Friday 23 January 2015

A Monumental Mark! (Sort of)

Some of the women in our church on Sunday

Some of the sights around our flat in Gdansk



here is a picture taken in the old town, right by where the we live. This is on DÅ‚uga Street. we were taking some photos for a tracting letter we are sending out to try and introduce the church a different way. This was from our photoshoot.


This week I hit somewhat of a monumental mark! Ok, it's not that amazing haha, but in personal studies (we get 1 hour every morning to study the scriptures, Preach My Gospel, and some other church books like Jesus the Christ etc.) I've been doing all the "suggested personal study activities" from cover to cover of PMG, and I finished the last actvity! I started in my first transfer with Sister Montesinos and just finished a few days ago. I've actually already started up again doing the different activities, and I've been getting a lot out of doing it for studies. It's just felt good to have a worthy goal to accomplish, and now I can see my spiritual and intellectual knowledge has grown- so it feels good :D I've been learning a lot from just taking my time to read through verses in the scriptures, cross-referncing them, and having specific questions in mind when I read. I hope the studies I've been doing on my mission will continue to be a part of my life after the mission- we need that spiritual food!


Last week we rang up a lady who we found tracting, and asked her if we could come to her house to talk about the church, and she said yes! So we set up a time, and when we went over and got talking, we found out that she'd actually known a member before. We asked more about it, and found out that the Mormon she knew (but had since lost contact with) is still a member in our branch today! The member, who had served her mission in Russia many years ago, had spoken a bit about the Book of Mormon to this lady, but after she left on her mission, they lost contact and hadn't spoken since. So now they have contact again! And we're hoping we can continue to teach her, and have the member come on lessons with us :) So it's an awesome situation!



Today after P-day, I'll be going on an exchange to Bydgoszcz again (aka, that city that starts with 'B' ;)) and will get to stay there for a couple of days, and then on Saturday we'll be going down to Warsaw to have a special Zone Conference with an Elder from the Quorum of the Seventy. I'll be having a meeting there later too, so I'll get to go to church in the Warsaw chapel on Sunday before heading back to Gdansk, so I'm super excited for that. It's the only official chapel in Poland and I haven't seen it yet, so it'll be good! I'm also excited for the chance to be with other missionaries and learn from them and our leaders- I always come away from these things with a renewed motivation and new ideas :) And I get to go on a train and see the beautiful Poland countryside, so I feel super blessed right now.


Well today we're going to go to Westerplatte again and maybe walk around those concrete ruins! It'll be good to just relax and enjoy the outdoors. Hope the sun doesn't burn you too bad in Aus! Lots of love,
Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment