Saturday 21 March 2015

Pictures Worth 1000 Words

Me saying goodbye to my old companion Sister Wood (probably the last time I'll see her because she goes home in a week!)

Sisters Wood, Antczak and I pretending to be modelesque Babcias (Polish grandmas)

Backstreet Boys In Westerplatt

Sister Antczak and I headed off to the Filharmonia for our culture night
And Sister Antczak and I next to the Bydgoszcz river (I don't know what it's called)


Me being a zombie in the basement of the Bydgoszcz chapel (someone said it used to be a building where Nazis met, but I don't know how true that is...?) anyway, it's creepy down there!

Ok I don't have much time so this'll be short, but I sent some photos and they count for 1000 words each, right? ;)
This week in Bydgoszcz I've been able to experience a lot of new things, so it's been great! We had our 'culture night' on Friday - the missionaries in our district decided to go to a classical/orchestral concert in the Filharmonia on Friday (pretty snazzy!) so that was a different experience (Polish Opera singers and a very young, enthusiastic cunductor!).
My companion and I were able to experience the awkwardness of street contacting on Valentine's Day (a little harder to talk to strangers and interrupt them while they're in the middle of a romantic date haha!).
We were able to make a really cool morning studies plan (which we've been sticking to, and it's been really effective for helping us stay on task).
 We were able to have an exchange with Sister Wood (my previous companion) and did some whiteboard contacting together (found some people who we're still hoping to teach further).
We were able to teach some investigators (and even though some didn't show up to our meetings, we were able to plan good lessons and enjoyed the learning experience).
We've made a lot of goals in our companionship (like speaking more Polish to each other!) and they've been going well.
I was able to make a lot of telephone calls to people (in Polish!) which is VERY new for me, because I've never had that responsibility before in my past transfers, but now I've got to do it! (It's a little different speaking to someone over the phone than in person, face-to-face!).
So a lot of different experiences this week (I've also really loved my studies this week- have found so many gems in the scriptures I've never noticed before) Have a look at this one from Jeremiah 29:


12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

I read that yesterday and I really love it. Scriptures can have a very different meaning looked at through the eyes of a missionary!


One good experience before I end, yesterday at church my companion and I were able to sit in on the primary lesson and help with music time. We stayed for the lesson too as the Polish was simple (and helpful for us to learn) and unfortunately our investigators couldn't make it to church. So we were able to sit in on a wonderful lesson about Jesus Christ and "Gospel Treasures", and it was just so beautiful hearing the gospel laid out so simply (which is actually what we try to do as missionaries too). There was only one girl in the primary class, but it was so precious seeing how she has been raised with such a knowledge of the gospel and the most important things of life. I was thinking about my nieces (similar ages to this one girl) and how great it is that they have family that are bringing them up in this knowledge. Their lives will be forever blessed, and they will always know that no matter what trials come their way in the future, they can always depend on Jesus Christ, and they can always have that view of eternal life and true happiness. I'm so blessed to have also been brought up in a knowledge of these basic truths!


I hope you have a wonderful week, and always remember the basic truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ are what life is all about!


Love you so much
Sestra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment