Tuesday 24 March 2015

Hopeful!

This is us at the rynek (city plaza/square)

Sister Bak is in Bydgoszcz for the day with SIster Antczak and I


50s Style Diner

Taking out the trash! (the bag was actually from the senior missionary couple in Gdansk, they gave me a present before I left- I miss them!)

Sister Antczak, a member Ewa and I. (Ewa is friends with the Irelands and loves Australia :D)

My companion and I with the Branch President

My companion and I, with Elder Whiting

A member from Bydgoszcz and her grandson with my companion Sister Antczak and I

the Sunday School teacher and his granddaughter. Bydgoszcz is a beautiful branch!


This week I found out I'll be leaving Bydgoszcz! Sad news, because I love it here, but I'm also excited to serve in Warsaw :). I'll be in the 2nd branch (so there are 2 branches, the first meets at the actual chapel, and the second meets at a rented building). My companion will be Sister Johnston, and she's actually in the same MTC group as Sister Antczak. I'm excited to get to meet new members and missionaries, and I'm hopeful that we'll find lots of people to teach!


Yesterday at church, I gave a talk about what we need to do to go to the temple. It was hard for me at first, because I didn't have a lot of time to write it (and of course it was in Polish) but I think I was able to do a good job, and I bore my testimony about the importance of temples, and how grateful I am that my parents were married and sealed for eternity in one of God's holy houses. We had a great lesson from an enthusiastic Sunday School teacher about the Sermon on the Mount. It reminded me how important it is to make sure we're living as Christ lived and would live if He were in our situations. I've been blessed with an incredible companion these past couple of weeks- she's shown me so much Christ-like love and is always serving others! It just makes me want to be better, and I know that sometimes the best missionary work we can do, is to live by example. Others see that light and are drawn to the Saviour because of our good works. It's a win-win situation where everyone is happy!


Yesterday after church I also got to talk to a member named Ewa, and she knows the Ireland's! She's really cool and is planning on going to Australia for a holiday, but unfortunately I probably won't be back home soon enough to see her there. I told her she'd probably see you though at the temple, because you're like almost always there :D Oh that reminds me, I found out, I think I won't be coming home until after Christmas this year, (maybe like 1 day before the New Year or something like that) so I hope you enjoy another Summer Aussie Christmas without me! ;) I;m really so blessed to be serving my mission in Poland, the people are amazing, the culture is so rich, and I'm even getting used to the weather! I think when you experience so many miracles as well, it's sort of hard not to love the place just by association in your mind of all the good memories.


Well today we're going to the Soap Museum (oh yes, I'm sure it'll be as exciting as it sounds haha) and then we'll have dinner with an American family the Kagele's (they're so awesome!) so I'm looking forward to that. I'll let you know how everything goes next week, when I'll be in Warsaw!


Love you so much,
Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment