Thursday 18 September 2014

Those Good Feeling Days

Look Ma! We're Here

Ready To leave the MTC

Our Awesome Polish Teachers

At Provo Temple with my companion and two awesome elders going to Melbourne

My Most Amazing MTC Companion Sister Smith (seriously the best) Who Has to Stay a Couple More Weeks in America, so We Had to Separate :(

Me With My Companion Siostra Montesinos who is on the Far Left and Two Other Sisters
Ah mum! I know a lot about those "good feeling" days. I love them so very much :) And I'm really convinced that your prayers for me are working, because I am seriously serving in the exact area I was hoping for (not that I honestly cared, because I know that God calls us to where and with whom we need to be, but it's pretty sweet that I get to be here) :D I'm in Gdansk (Google it!) it's right up north on the coast by the Baltic Sea, and there are a lot of Germans! My companion's name is Sister Montesinos (she's far left on the photo) and we just work so well together! I really couldn't imagine a better trainer for myself. She is such an amazing example, and is just such a down-to-earth person, so it makes it really easy for us to plan and work together.


The branch here is super cool. There are about 25 active members, and we're certainly working on bringing more people! It's hard sometimes to even get in a conversation with people on the street- as soon as they see the name tags they run! haha but we just try to show the people that we're normal and loving, and we definitely have faith that God is preparing people to receive the message of the Gospel. In the first few days it was really hard for me to step out of my comfort zone and just approach people, but now I already feel more confident with talking to strangers, and I'm picking up new skills every day, and I can really feel the Spirit speaking to me with ideas in my mind that I know aren't coming from my imagination. I can really feel God guiding me in every aspect of missionary work. I know without a doubt that this work is super important. There are so many times in the scriptures where we've been told to preach the gospel, so I'm so happy that you mum have been having good experiences with that too. It really is sad when people feel the need to put others down for believing in God. It's so twisted that people sometimes want to ridicule the one thing in your life that actually is absolute truth, the one thing that brings true and eternal happiness. But I guess that's the whole point of earth isn't it. If we didn't have oppoistion, we wouldn't be able to show our faith. If life was easy, we wouldn't grow and we wouldn't become the amazing people that our Heavenly Father knows each of us can become.


Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, I got to give a 5 minute introduction to the branch, and I told the congregation how very grateful I am to have been raised in such an amazing family. I'm eternally thankful for my upbringing, and I've always loved that you've let me make all my decisions for myself. It's true mum what you said about needing to look for the truth yourself. No one can give anyone else a testimony. That is something that one can only get through sincere seraching and real intent, to know the truth for oneself. If you want to know something is true, go to the source. One very important thing I've learnt so far from being a missinoary, is that people can say what they will about what they think you believe, but they can never tell you that your testimony is wrong. I have recieved a witness that the Book of Mormon is true, and that God's Priesthood authority truly is on the Earth today. People may not agree with that, but no one can tell me that I didn't feel what I did, and what I still do feel. It's true that a testimony never stops growing, it's something we need to constantly nurture. I love this church so much, and I love the knowledge we have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. It's such a beautiful thing. I love life, and I love you all my wonderful family and friends!
Have an awesome week!


Siostra Grgich

No comments:

Post a Comment